1. Beauty is silent…yet it speaks to us (oriental)
2. Cheer up: things could get worse! (friend of Murphy)
3. Never grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.
4. Take time to be friendly; it is the road to happiness.
5. He who loves much is much loved.
6. Don’t just stand there; BE something!
7. Others are others; I am I.
8. Our chief want in life is for someone who can make us do what we are capable of (Emerson)
9. The height of confidence: working a crossword puzzle with a pen.
10. Enjoy what you are doing, or do what you enjoy. (Fromm)
11. Writing is P.P.P….Pen, Pad and Purpose. (Ferber)
12. The pen is the tongue of the mind. (Cervantes)
13. Creativity is the ability to see and respond. (Fromm)
14. There is no frigate like a book…to take us lands away. (Dickinson)
15. Gently scan your fellow man. (Burns)
16. You must look into people, as well as at them. (Chestefield)
17. To climb steep hills requires slow pace at first. (Shakespeare)
18. Whenever two people meet, there are really six people present: there is each man as he sees
himself, each man as the other sees him, and each man as he really is. (William James)
19. We are never so happy, nor so unhappy, as we suppose ourselves to be. (La Rouchefoucald)
20. Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action. (Disraeli)
21. Imagination is mmore important than knowledge. (Einstein)
22. The world of reality has its limits; the world of imaginationis boundless. (Rousseau)
23. Habit is a cable: we weave a thread of it each day, and at last we cannot break it.(H. Mann)
24. It is much easier to be critical than to be correct. (Disraeli)
25. I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have it. (S. Leacock)
26. Try t be better than yourself. (W. Faulkner)
27. The world is moving so fast, the man who says it can’t be done is interrupted by someone doing it.
28. The foundation of intelligence is not to copy but to invent. (J.H. Rush)